Monday, June 05, 2006

What's up?

I think I start almost every post with "It's been a while since I last posted." We are just busy busy busy. Basically Brent and I are single parents since it is rare that we are home at the same time for any extended period of time. He's working and going to school, I'm working in the afternoons, we seem to just pass each other. We are making it work though. It's amazing how much housework I can get done in 10 minutes. Ava now likes her carrier, so we just strap that thing on and go.

She's trying to grab the camera strap. She tries to grab everything now, including my hair. I have gotten used to having hair pulled out, eyes poked, and face scratched by her, her hands are all over the place. I love to put my face real close to hers and let her feel all over my face like a blind person.
Thursday we have another dreaded doctor appointment; her next round of shots. The last time was so horrible, mostly for me. I hate hearing her cry like that, even if it is for her own good. I started crying as soon as she did. I hope this time won't be as bad.
Here she is in her super cute jammies:

She is starting to tolerate the swing now, which is good. She was getting bored with the bouncy seat. She kept knocking those rings down and then wanting them back:

She is trying to sit up so bad! Everytime you lay her on her back she does these little baby crunches, and you can tell she is just straining so hard.


I'm excited because I think it's about time to start her on rice cereal. I know, not that exciting, but it's a stepping stone. She is going to be 5 months this month, and soon she'll be eating real baby food. I can't wait.
Well, it's getting late and I have a feeling she's going to be up early.

No comments: