Monday, June 26, 2006

5 months...

Often when I am doing stuff around the house, I think of something that I want to write about on here, but then as soon as I sit down at the computer I can't think of a thing to write about. I used to be addicted to this one mother's blog, and she posted everyday! If only my life were that exciting, and if only people cared to read about our day to day lives.
Anyway, Ava is 5 months old now. I went out and bought some rice cereal and I think we are going to try it on Friday night. That is really the only night that Brent and I have together. Otherwise it's school or work, work or school. Though I am happy to report that there seems to be a light at the end of tunnel, financially speaking. Thanks to my old job's CRAPPY insurance policy that they conveniently changed in the middle of my pregnancy, we got stuck with a lot of bills when Ava was born. When I first got pregnant, our insurance policy covered 100% except for a $100.00 co-pay, which I happily paid right away. However, in September they changed the policy so that we were now responsible for 20% of the costs. I didn't realize this until after Ava was born and the bills started pouring in. Not a very good time, I was stressed out. I had never been unemployed before, I worried about money constantly, and it really put a damper on being a happy new mommy. But now we have everything pretty much paid off, and hopefully we can get back to where we were.
Okay, back to Ava. She has been pretty cranky the past couple of days, and I keep checking to feel any teeth coming through, but so far nothing. I bought her a teething ring that unfortunatly only stays cold for about 1 minute. She likes it though. And about the rice cereal, I do not really know what to do. How often do I give it to her? Does she get it every feeding? Her feedings are down to a science right now, I am nervous about mixing it up. This is when I would love it if our pediatrician made house calls, or better yet - lived with us. He seems like he'd be a really cool roomate.
Ava is thisclose to sitting up. She tries so hard. Once you prop her up into a sitting position she can hold it for a few seconds and then starts to fall. If her have her against a couch or in her boppy, she does really good. I can't wait for her to start sitting up, that is such a milestone. With my luck, I will probably miss it, as I did the rolling over.
Right now I am sick - AGAIN!! This is the 2nd time in 2 months. Much thanks to those hooligans at the YMCA. I wash - no, SCRUB - my hands constantly. They are dried and chapped from being washed so much, and I still get everything that is going around. The kids just climb all over me and they want to get right up in my face to talk. I feel bad pushing them away but I guess that's what I'll have to do from now on, cuz this sucks! The good news is that Ava hasn't gotten sick yet. It is good news, but I am so nervous I kind of wish it would happen already so we can get it over it. I have a feeling that the longer we go without her getting sick, the worse it will be when she finally does catch something. I will feel so awful for her.
Well, I think a bowl of ice cream is calling my name, so I'm going to run. I'll have some more pictures soon.

No comments: