Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekend

This past weekend was pretty good. We actually got a pizza and a movie on Friday night and we actually watched the whole thing! In one sitting! We saw Walk the Line, and it was really good. On Saturday Brent had to work in the morning and then we went swimming at his parent's house in the afternoon. We had Ava in the pool for a while. She is so funny, it's as though nothing fazes that girl. When I brought her in the pool I thought she might not like it at first because it was a little chilly, but she just took a deep breathe when we were getting in and that was it. She is totally calm and straight-faced.
Sunday I was hoping to meet up with my sister at my parent's house but it didn't end up working out. Our schedules are always so busy that we don't get to see each other much, but hopefully we will in a couple of weeks. We didn't end up doing anything but being lazy.
I had my first real mommy oops the other day. Ava and I were at Walmart doing some grocery shopping and I was letting her play with my shopping list. She was just crumpling up the paper. I had my back turned for a minute while I was looking for something and I heard Ava coughing. When I looked at her she had the shopping list in her mouth and was eating it. Her drool had made the paper rip and little pieces were in her mouth. I had to do the finger sweep thing, and every time I thought I had all the paper out, I would see another little piece. It was pretty gross and I felt really bad. No more paper for her. I should've known better since everything goes in her mouth!
She has started making this funny noise, it kind of sounds like a motor boat or a motorcycle. She put her lips together and blows it makes a buzzing sound and spit flies everywhere, but it's funny. She seems to really like doing it too. The worst is when she does it when I'm trying to feed her, and then rice cereal is everywhere.
Well, it's getting late so on with the pictures. I have to take Ava to work with me this week, I hope it goes well.
Reading her book:

Getting ready to swim

Swimming with Daddy and Grandma

Hanging out with "Crazy Grandpa"

Good morning!

No comments: