Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wake Up Call

Aaaallrighty. So,I've established that we've been busy in my earlier post. We have also been really tired. Ava started sleeping through the night at around 8 or 9 weeks, which has been awesome. We've had no problems at all - until this past week. The first night she woke up at 5:30am. The next night she woke up at 5am. And the night after that it was 4:00 in the morning. See the pattern? This morning it was 5:30am. Who knows what it will be tomorrow morning. We do get her to go back to sleep eventually, but that is after one of us has gotten up 3 or 4 times, and by then we are wide awake.
It seems that once we think we have her figured out and have a nice routine down, she goes and changes things up. Lately she is just so much hungrier than usual, so I figured that was a sign that she was ready to begin eating cereal. I started it on the 27th. She takes it okay sometimes, I was actually suprised that she eats off a spoon so well. I just don't think she likes it very much. I have to give her some bottle first, then hurry up and feed her the cereal, and then give her the rest of the bottle. But now I am just so confused. I'm afraid that I'm over-feeding her, even though I have a sheet that gives guidelines on feeding, it still seems like so much food. And I don't know how or when to start baby food. So I have been asking a couple of people at work who have young kids how they did it. It was just so nice before, just a bottle, 6 oz, every 3 hours. I hoped that the cereal would fill her up more so that she would not wake up so early, but it isn't working. She is on the rice cereal now, I'm going to try out the oatmeal later this week, and then maybe around 6 months I'll start the baby food. She will have another doctor's appointment this month so I will probably ask them about what to do.
I'm kind of bummed that we aren't doing much for the 4th of July. We might go up to my parent's house for a cook out, since we haven't been there in a long time. We won't be going to the fireworks since I think it would scare the bejesus out of Ava. I am just now starting to get over the cold I've had all week. It was not fun feeling so sick and waking up at 4 or 5am and having to function even though all I wanted to do was stay in bed. I guess that's what parenthood is like though, right? And then when Ava smiles at me or laughs, I forget that I don't feel so good for awhile.

Ava and Lula have a staring contest

Everything goes in the mouth - including the changing table.

Look at how excited she is to be eating off a spoon

Her big teddy

Just chillin out, reading "Where's Elmo?"
alt="" />
Again, everything goes in the mouth.
alt="" />

No comments: