Thursday, March 16, 2006





I haven't posted in a while because nothing much is going on. Ava and I have been chilling out at home for the past couple of weeks. After the whole ordeal last time I took her out, I decided to give it a rest for a while. Although, today I decided I had to have McDonalds for breakfast and so we went to the drive through. She was great until we got there and the car stopped. Then she started screaming. I felt so embarrassed because the McDonalds lady at the drive through window could hear her, and it sounded like Ava was being tortured or something. I felt like a bad mother because she probably thought I was starving my baby just so I could get a Mcgriddle. Not the case. She just hates being strapped in her car seat.

Now, I'm warning you - if you're hungry or you just ate, don't read this next part.

Somehow, I am always the lucky one who gets peed or pooped on during diaper changes. I've had many bad experiences like that with Ava. Yesterday morning was the worst. We had been given a lot of diapers when I was pregnant, and one pack of them was some generic store brand. Well, we decided to use them, and you could tell they probably weren't going to be good, but I gave them a try. I picked her up out of her crib in the morning, and her sleeper was wet. Okay, that was pretty yucky. I put her on the changing table and undo the buttons to her sleeper. First thing I see is poop dried on her leg. She had pooped in the night and it leaked out of the diaper! So as I'm taking the gross diaper off and trying to wipe the poop off of her leg and keep her butt off of the table, she starts peeing everywhere! So, beside the gross icky poop, there is now pee all over her and the changing table, and a little on me. I ended up having to give her a bath in the bath tub to clean her and myself up. Good times.

No comments: