Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ava's Photo Shoot






This was the day we went to the doctor. I got her in another dress, then we propped her up on the couch and started taking pictures until she got tired of us. The doctor's appointment went well. She slept through most of it. And everything is fine with me.

Yesterday I was not so lucky. I decided to take Ava with me to run some errands, just the 2 of us. I don't think I'll be doing that again for a while. The thing is that she hates being strapped in her infant seat. She doesn't mind it as long as she's not strapped in. When I take her for walks and stuff I don't strap her in and she's fine, but of course when we are going in the car I have to do the straps. The material of the seat makes her hot too. Well, she cried and fussed for much of the trip, and I got about half of my errands done. Next time I will bring someone with me so that in case she starts fussing they can hold her or take her outside. Otherwise I will have to keep our trips pretty short.

Right now she is sleeping on our bed, and she looks so cute. I don't know why she's so tired today. She didn't want to nap yesterday, so last night she was very tired. She fell asleep while I was feeding her at 10pm. She woke up once at 3am and drank a whole bottle, and then she woke up this morning at 6:30am. She fell asleep again while I was feeding her, and she's been asleep ever since. I tried to lay with her and get some more sleep too, but it is hard to sleep with her. She squirms and makes little noises in her sleep.

Speaking of sleep, Ava slept through the night on Monday! From about 11:45pm until 6am! Brent and I were so excited. I don't expect her to do that every night, but we are headed in the right direction. She is getting so big. She is starting to smile at us, and make more noises that sound like baby talk. I am thinking about taking her to Walmart or Sears to get her pictures takes soon.

I am going to go eat breakfast before she wakes up!

No comments: