Thursday, January 10, 2008

You're Funny

Ava has been saying some funny stuff lately.

Last night I was giving her a bath, and I was playing with one of her bath toys. She says to me, "Give me that, honey. I need it honey."

In the car this morning (just her and I), we were having our usual conversation, and out of the blue she says, "you're funny."

Today I drove to the YMCA to pick her up from swimming, and she said, "Ava's mommy is here!"

She likes to say that things are gorgeous. One day she called Santa Claus, Santa Gorgeous. Or she will say, "ooohhh, it's so gorgeous!" I have no idea where she picked that up because I do not use gorgeous in a sentence.

She has definetly learned how to work the "you hurt my feelings" sympathy thing. And boy does it work. Her birthday is coming up very soon. We have decided not to have a big party this year, but rather just have family over for dinner. Parties are so much work and we don't get to enjoy them so much because we are doing most of the work. She is very excited about her birthday, and talks about birthday cake and parties. She knows that she will be 2 on this birthday, but she holds up 5 fingers. We are working on that. The other night at Walmart I bought her a little Valentine's Day toy just to keep her distracted, and she told me it was for her birthday. Another day, she told me she wanted to go to her birthday.

I love her.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

She sounds so cute!