Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Deep Thoughts...

Ava has been so good this past week, and such a chatter box. My favorite phrase of hers is "I see the _____!" It could be a plane, or the moon, or a bird. She says it with such enthusiasm and joy, and it comes out sounding Jamaican - "Aye see de plane!" or "Aye see de burd." I love it that she can actually sing now and recite nursery rhymes. The other night in the bath she started singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." She claps for herself everytime she finishes, even if she leaves out half of the words. Today I caught a glimpse of her at work, and she was behind Ashley, running out to the play room while saying to herself, "Ava comin!" She also remembers and stores way more information than I think, and she'll suprise me with it sometimes. It's bittersweet for me. On one hand, I am so proud when I hear her say a nursery rhyme or correctly identify something new. But on the other, I think of how fast these times are going, and before long this will pass and she will just keep gettig bigger. Also, I feel sad that I am not the one who taught her some of these things, that she learned them from Ashley or her teachers. It is great that she has people around her who care about her and teach her, but it makes me feel like I should be doing more. I know, that is silly.
Shocker - I just realized I don't have any new pics to post. They are still on the camera and I am too lazy to download them. Maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Alissa,
I'm sure you are doing more than enough with her! I've noticed that I feel guilty about so many things as a mom! I wonder why we feel that way?

It sounds like she is learning new stuff everyday and is very smart:) Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

Jackie