Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bad Blogger.

Ava has been enjoying school. This was her third week - the first week went fine, the second week wasn't so good, but this week was great. I think the first week she didn't quite know what to make of it, and we had built up a little excitment. The second week she knew what it was about, she knew mommy left and lots of strange kids and adults were around, and she wasn't happy. She only had one bad morning, and it was much harder on me than it was on her. Walking away from her while she cried for me and ran to the door was extremely hard, and actually brought me to tears. However - I found out from one of the other mom's that it only lasted a minute and then she got distracted and was fine. This week, she went right out to the playground without even waiting for me, and she gave me a kiss and said "bye bye" and that was that. She only goes 2 mornings a week, so it isn't bad at all, and she does have a lot of fun. Her favorite thing to do is swing. Plus her buddy Max is there with her so she has a familiar face.
Please disregard this bragging moment, but she is so smart it amazes me. The things she picks up on and so quickly - it's a wonderful thing. She can now say 75% of her ABC's, she recognizes her name when spelled out, she can point out circles, squares, stars, hearts and triangles. She recites Patty Cake, and has learned Humpty Dumpty somewhere along the way. She also recites lines from books we read her, and is working on numbers 11 thru 15. She has 1 thru 10 down. She also tries to repeat everything we say, including the bad stuff. So far, it's been "crap" "suck" and "dammit."
Okay, and now I'm done. The posts have been seriously lacking, and I'm not sure anyone even looks at this anymore, but for Ava's sake, I am going to keep posting. I want her to be able to read this stuff when she's older.
Ava at Mote Marine






2 comments:

Jackie said...

I check your blog all the time Alissa...so don't stop posting:) It's neat for me to see what my Ava will be doing in a year!

Angie said...

I check it every single day, so you better keep posting! What a smart little girl. Come see me in Utah. My heart hurts because I miss you all so much.