Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tinkle tinkle little star...

The title of this blog will make sense once I tell you what Ava's new favorite thing to do is. She likes to pee. On the floor. She tinkles, and I really do think she likes it. She never used to do this, but lately, as soon as the diapers off and she's out of reach, she leaves a puddle. Luckily the past few times have been on the tile floor, but she has done it on the carpet a couple of times too. It's frustrating because I like to let her air out a bit between diaper changes since she's been getting diaper rash more frequently. Right now she has the worst diaper rash ever, I really feel bad, but I can't let her go even a couple of minutes without a diaper, otherwise I will be cleaning up a mess! She got a potty chair for her birthday, and even though I know it is probably too soon, I am thinking about taking it out of the box and sitting her on it, just to see what she does. This morning she peed on the floor in front of the TV, right before we had to leave for work, and she ended up stepping in it and falling in it before I could get the paper towels. Good times.
Yesterday afternoon we went up to visit with my parents for a bit. It is nice to hang out there, but they have stairs everywhere, and Ava is all over them. She loves just going up and down, for no reason at all. We have to try to barricade the staircase with chairs, and then we let her play on the 2 steps up to the hallway. Up and down, with me just picturing the fall on the face that is bound to happen. She is getting better though, she is usually very careful. She loves their grandfather clock. When it makes its noise she puts her face close to it, and watches the pendulum (I can't spell that word). She was very mellow the whole time we were there, until it was time to leave and she didn't want to leave the doggies. My parents have 2 large outside dogs, their tails are level with her face. She wanted to hang outside with them and as soon as I went to put her in the car seat she let me have it. She loves dogs. When we are out for a walk and our neighbor walks by with his dog, she starts crying when we pass them, because we are leaving it. I'm sorry Ava, but your momma has a strict no dogs policy, at least for the time being. We have a cat, and most of the time Ava couldn't care less.
In good news, I got a raise on Monday. Factor in the money I'm saving in not having to pay for daycare, and it is pretty good. I will get another raise if I ever get enough time to get my insurance license. This is not what I want to do as a career for the rest of my life, but for now, it is working. In all honesty, I do it because I am not ready to put my baby in daycare yet. I like the fact that I am in the same house as her, and I don't have to ask someone what she did all day, what she ate, how she got hurt, etc. I don't know how people do it. To celebrate my raise, I took Ava to Walmart and bought her a few things. She got a Dora chair, a Dora book, and a Barney movie. She loves all of those things, and seeing how happy it makes her makes me happier than anything I could've bought for myself. Here are some pictures. I take LOTS of pictures, and most of them are cute so it's hard to narrow them down to just a few.

St. Patrick's Day outift


DORA!

Look how happy!

No comments: