Monday, August 28, 2006

Lazy Sunday

We had a wonderful day with my Dad and Stepmom on Sunday. I love when things just work out, timing, weather, ya know? They arrived at our house while Ava was napping, and she woke up to me, Dad and Yvie looking at her. She was very well behaved the whole day. While Brent was working I took them out to Boca Grande just to see the island and see the lighthouses. The weather was great; hot but it didn't rain. They took some pictures at the lighthouses and on Banyan street (named because of the trees lining the street) but I didn't take any with my camera, so I have to wait until I get the pics from them before I can post.
We came home around 2:30pm and we hung out with Brent. My Dad brought me my baby book, something I have never seen before. It was so cool to look through it and see what I did at what age. It was only filled out up until I was about 1 1/2 since I guess that's around the time when my parents parted ways. But it was still nice to see how old I was when I got my first tooth and started crawling and talking, and I can see if Ava is following the same pattern. They also brought Ava a big stuffed polar bear from Seaworld and a TON of clothes! She is set on clothes for a while.
Brent cooked out, and we had a nice dinner on the patio. Dad and Yvie got to play with Ava and spend some time with her, and it was just a very nice day. I think we are going to meet up with them on Friday night for dinner before they leave for the 3rd part of their road trip, New Mexico.
After they left we hung out for a bit and then we so excited to be home together, we decided to go play. Literally. We took Ava to a playground close to our house. Ava might be too small to play on it but Brent and I aren't. We had some silly fun for a while. All in all, a really great day.
Ava & her Grandpa:


In her new high chair:

Ava & Daddy watching golf:

At the playground:



No comments: