Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy 1st birthday Olivia!

I have been terrible about blogging for Livvy. There are simply not enough hours in the day. But, seeing as how today is a very special day, I figured I better make the time! Last year on this day, at 12:26pm, Olivia was born! Knowing Olivia as I do now, I can see why I had to have an emergency C-section with her...stubborn! It's her way or the highway most of the time. She has such a little temper, but she is so much fun too. Her laughs come easy, and she does it all the time. Ava is great at making her smile and laugh. She tickles her and chases her. Olivia began walking last month, and she is pretty good at it now. We are working on learning parts of her body like belly and toes. She loves to poke at our ears, eyes, and teeth. When I ask her "where's mommy's eyes?" she will poke my eye and go "Ah." Her teeth are coming in all over the place. She has 3 top teeth, 2 bottom, and a molar is popping out on the bottom. Now that she is 1, we are going to work on weening her from the bottle. That is going to be a challenge, and I have to do some homework on here to see how I did it with Ava. It seemed so easy with Ava, but I don't think Olivia will be as easy. She loves her bottle, and she's still not real good with a sippy cup. She tends to let it spill out of her mouth and dribble all over. I can't wait to have all those bottle gone, and not have to buy formula anymore! That will be some money saved. We just bought her a new front-facing car seat the other day, and today was her first time riding in it. She looked very comfortable.
For her birthday, we went to my parent's house to have a belated Christmas dinner and party. Grampy, Grandma Kate, Wally, Joey, Rebecca, Peggy and Jimmy were there. We made cupcakes for the party, and Olivia got to eat one. She made a big mess but everyone thought that she was quite reserved for a baby. One bad thing that happened was that she got stung by a yellow jacket at their house. She was walking barefoot on their porch, I was watching her, and suddenly she bent down and started crying really hard. I went out and picked her up and held her and she was struggling and wouldn't stop squirming and crying. I was looking all over her wondering what was wrong, and then I saw the bee. The stinger came out of the bottom of her foot. I felt so bad, we put baking soda on the sting and Brent got her some baby Advil. I was very nervous that she might be allergic, but she didn't have any reaction. After 30 minutes or so, she was back to walking around like it never happened. Ava has never been stung, and I am terrified of bees.
It is late now, and tomorrow is Monday, so we all go back to school and work. I left my camera at my parent's so I can't post pics yet, but will do soon.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!!

midnight/... said...

:) nice blog! So the nature's gift to Olivia wad to let her know that she was not allergic to bees:) enjoy your daughters...

SATYA LAKSHMI said...

very cute baby and nice blog.

strat said...

I wish you good life. Happy Birthday!
www.cremation-usa.com