Friday, March 12, 2010

Ramblings...

In the car the other day, Ava and I had this conversation:

Ava: "Mommy, when I grow up and get married, I want to marry Daddy too."
Me: "Well, you can't really do that Ava. You meet someone else to get married to."
Ava: "But I don't want to find someone else to love!"

She is such a Daddy's girl, to the point where I sometimes feel excluded. When she was 2 it was all about Mommy, but now it is Daddy Daddy Daddy! I think this continues indefinitely. He is still doing the fire school thing, so he isn't around much, which I think is the main reason for it. Mommy is like the couch - just something that is there all the time. Not very exciting. But when Daddy is home after work it's a treat and tickle time and shoulder rides and FUN.

I laid in bed awake last night thinking of all these good things to write about, but now when I sit down at the computer I go blank.

One thing is for sure - Ava will do just about anything to get my attention. It is me, her and Olivia all the time, and if I take 5 minutes to sit on the computer or even go to the bathroom - sure enough, she finds me. This morning I was on the computer typing a letter and she comes in - "I'm hungry." I reminded her that she had JUST eaten a whole bowl of cereal. "I'm thirsty." Okay, I get her a drink, then go back to typing. "Mommy, the dishwasher is leaking." I get up and take a look at the dishwasher - no leak. "Ava, where did you hear a leak?" "I don't know." She is such a bundle of energy and TALKING. It is non-stop. She is wearing me out more than the baby is. As I type that very sentence, she came in and began rubbing her head on my arm, like a cat. This is not an attention-starved child.

So, speaking of baby, she is sleeping right now, which is very nice. I don't dare talk about her night-time sleep, because it seems that every time I do, I jinx myself. She could go 6 nights in a row sleeping through the night, but I tell someone about it and sure enough - that night I am up at 4am. She is a good baby. She had her 2 month check up on Wednesday and she is doing great. She weighed in at13.2 lbs and I think she grew an inch and a quarter. I didn't get all the percentile info. She had to get shots too, which went ok. It was just like Ava - happy as can be, then cried her head off as they gave her the 3 shots, and then calmed down quickly after. Ava had her 4 year check up too, and she was a very brave girl. No shots, but they had to prick her finger for blood. She weighs 36.5 lbs and is 40 3/4" tall. She had a huge growth spurt between last year and this year. She is tall and thin.

No comments: