Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olivia - 6 weeks

The past 2 nights Olivia has slept from 12am - 6 or 6:30am. Love it! The only bad thing is that she is usually really tired around 10pm but fights sleep. Then she becomes over-tired and has to cry for a little bit before settling down for the night. Last night was rough in that area but Brent seems to have the magic touch to get her to settle. He just has to go in there a few times before it works. Since she is doing 6 hours at night at 6 weeks old, maybe she will do 7 hours at 7 weeks, 8hours at 8 weeks, etc. I can dream, right?
She has started to smile at us a little bit - at least we think so. Sometimes it is hard to tell if it is a smile or a gas pain making her grimace. Either way it is cute. She is such a big girl, she looks older than 6 weeks.
Ava is doing great, being a big help. I could be in the bathroom putting on my make up and Ava will entertain Olivia. If Olivia is crying and my hands are full Ava will put her binky in or give her a stuffed animal. I can take a shower and Ava will tell me if Olivia wakes up. I am glad that there is an age difference between them where Ava is old enough to do stuff like that.
On a side note, Thursday 2/11/10 was Brent's graduation from the fire academy. We went with his parents, and we are all so proud of him. It was a challenge for him and for me, as it took up so much of his time. He'd be gone 4 nights a week until 11pm and ALL day Saturday. The day we brought Olivia home from the hospital, he literally had to drop me off, change his clothes, and go to school. Luckily my sister came down to give me a hand that night. It isn't over yet; in March he starts EMT class, which will be 2 or 3 nights a week until June. Hopefully no Saturdays. I had to learn to juggle handling Ava and the baby, doing bathtime and bedtime. It was almost like being a single parent. I give them TONS of credit, because it is not easy.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Glad you are updating your blog again!