Saturday, September 06, 2008

I feel bad

I think this is the longest I've ever gone without posting. To my very few loyal readers, I will be posting soon. Everything is pretty good, just busy and I'm trying not to be on the computer so much. Brent hooked up wireless so now I can bring my laptop home and sit in the living room in front of the TV - not exactly the best time for writing. I have been hooked on a new book too - Twilight by Stephanie Myers. I know it's not new, but I finally gave in and decided to see what it was about. I didn't want to like it, but I am kind of loving it. It's very high school and a little cheesy, but I have to make myself stop reading. That has been taking up a lot of my time.

Ava has been saying some of the funniest things - I wish I could remember them all. Today I had told her we could go to a kid's amusement park that they have in town here, but it got too late and I kind of hoped she would forget about it and we would go tomorrow. Well, she woke up from her nap and said, "I'm ready to go to the ferris wheel store now." She even went to the closet to get her shoes. I felt so bad when I told her that it was too late and we would go tomorrow. She tried to argue, and negotiate about why we should go today. She even knew that tommorrow was Sunday! When I kept telling her it was too late and we couldn't go, she said "I'm frustrated, mommy!" It was hilarious.
The other night we were all sitting on the couch, and she said something about America Online. We have no idea where she picked that up.

I'll post some pictures soon.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm glad you are back:) Ava sounds sooo cute!

I have thought about reading those books too. Is that the first one?

Alissa said...

She is saying the funniest and most grown-up sounding things. I don't konw where she hears some of this stuff.

Twilight is the first book - I think the 4th and final one just came out. It's pretty long at 500 pages, but you will fly through it. When I pick it up, I try to limit myself to a chapter or 2 - otherwise I would be reading it more than sleeping at night.

Alissa said...

Jackie - can you give Brooke my email addresses so that she can add me to her reading list for her blog?

starla210@aol.com
abmorris3@verizon.net

Thanks!

Jackie said...

Yeah, I will give them to her.

I've been looking for a new book to read so I think I am going to read it. I love books where it is hard to stop reading!

Unknown said...

I just picked up Twilght to see what all the fuss was about too. I'm hooked!

Alissa said...

Brandi - I hope you can find some time in between taking care of the babies! It really is addicting. Congrats on your beautiful girls.