Wednesday, July 09, 2008

11 Weeks





We look kind of 3D in these pictures. Ava really enjoys talking about the new baby, and she likes to tell people that she has a baby in her belly. She asks people if they want to see it.

I took her to see her first movie a couple of weeks ago - Kung Fu Panda. I knew it was rated PG but figured it wouldn't be a big deal. I had heard it was a great movie. Well, we made it through about 20 minutes total. Ava did not enjoy the experience very much. If you ask her how she liked it, she will say "I was a little scared." She did not like the dark, she did not like the seats that kept folding up on her, and she did not like the loudness of the movie. She did not like some of the "scary" characters either. All Disney movies have that dark element to them, that scary character. Even "The Little Mermaid" is too intense for young kids. So, hopefully I didn't traumatize her too much with this first experience and she will be open to trying again. This time I will wait until a "G" movie comes out.

We will be going to her first live show this month - The Backyardigans! I think it will be so much fun.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You look so cute! I hope you are feeling ok.

I never thought about Disney movies being scary, but I guess they are. I will have to watch what I show my Ava.

The live show sounds fun!!!