Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th (sort of)

Last year Ava was too small to take to the fireworks. This year it rained. I am hoping for better results next year. I feel the same way my friend
Angie does - fireworks are overrated. We had planned on taking Ava, but we ended up going late, and while it wasn't raining at our house, it started raining on the 10 minute drive to the fireworks, so we just ended up going back to Brent's parent's house. Luckily, on a whim I had bought a cheap box of fireworks at Walmart, so Brent gave us a little show. We had prepared Ava for the fireworks. For a few days leading up to the 4th we told her about them and how loud they are. She would kind of get this look of amazement on her face just thinking about them. She wanted nothing to do with being outside. We tried to get her to hold a sparkler and she did, but she was scaring the heck out of me and I was holding her arm straight out. I have always harbored a secret fear of sparklers - something that you ignite and hold in your hand can't be good. And what would happen if one of those sparks flew in your eye? Eh. We let Ava hold one and she was done, she wanted back in the house. She ended up sitting on my lap in the garage while we watched Brent light fireworks in the street. One of the neighbors was putting on a really good show, so she got to see those too. She calls fireworks "works." Maybe next year she'll see the big ones.
I have bunches of pictures to post, so here are some of Ava's favorite things to do.

Tumbling



Lounging in bed watching Sesame Street (just like her mama):

Helping with the laundry:


Ambushing the cat while she eats:


And best of all - Jumping on the bed! She's in her 4th of July outfit, obviously.




2 comments:

Angie said...

She is a pretty little girl. She is no longer a baby. I love her.

Jackie said...

Alissa she is so adorable!!!