Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Can we pretend that today is yesterday and I am posting this on Mother's Day? Thanks. I hope that all of the Mom's out there have a wonderful day today (yesterday). I have some friends that celebrated their first mother's day - Jackie, who has a little Ava just like me, Lenabelle who has Emily, and couple who have babies on the way - Kerri and Jen and Jennifer. Last year was my first mother's day, and to be completely honest I think I was still kinda sleep deprived so I don't remember the actual day, but I do remember the feeling. I know that Brent got me a watch and I know I saved the card he gave me.
This was my 2nd Mother's day, and I actually feel like more of a mom than I did on my first. Last year at this time I was knee deep in diapers and bottles and binkies and lots of spit up. Now I have a full-fledged child who says words and gets into trouble. She plays outside and watches Barney and Sesame Street and lets me know when she wants juice. I now have to think about how I talk to her and choose my words carefully, and explain things to her, and be an example. She acted yesterday like she knew it was a special day and she wanted to give me a break. She slept in until nearly 9:45! She was so sweet to me, I didn't even have to beg for a kiss. I went shopping by myself, and Brent made me a really nice dinner. It was a good day.
I won't get really mushy in this post and write about my deep feelings about being mom. There are good times and then there are times when I want to rip my hair out and slam a door or two, but then I just think about a good moment, or something sweet that she did, or a new word that she learned. And then I just want to hug her.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I hope you had a great Mother's Day! Ava is a doll! She is so pretty:)