Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sheesh

Geez it has been a long time. I want to post a lot more than I do, and I have the best of intentions. But when 10:00pm comes along, and the dishes are done and the living room is picked up and laundry is in process, it is hard to stay up long enough. I hope that my loyal readers (all 6 of you) don't desert us. We are nothing if not busy. Did that sentence make sense?
Anyway, Ava has a doctor's appointment tomorrow. It is her 15 month visit and I think she gets shots (boo). But after this I don't think she has to go back for a looong time (yeh!) And of course, right before a doctor's appointment she has to get some kind of injury or bruise or something. This time it's a misquito bite on the side of her face that got alarmingly big and red. Seriously, the red was as big as a quarter. People asked me what happened to her face. It didn't bother her though, she hasn't itched at it to messed with it at all. It was looking a lot better today, so I think it will be almost gone by tomorrow. For some reason I like to have her looking as healthy and put-together as possible when we go to the doctor's. I feel like they are judging me as a parent just as much as they are checking her health.
I have started to buy Ava her new summer wardrobe. Every 3 months or so she outgrows pretty much everything she owns, and all of a sudden has nothing to wear. I bought her some cute outfits, and I am especially excited because we are shopping for our vacation that is coming up in 22 days! I am so looking forward to getting to NJ again. I am excited for Ava to be on a plane, and to get out of FL for a while. It is going to be great. I am worried about how she will behave on the plane, and also how she will sleep up there and stuff like that, but we'll deal with that as it happens I guess.
We also bought her 2 new toys that we get to enjoy as well. One is a new bicycle (for us) and a bike seat on the back for her! It gets boring just walking around the block all the time, so the bike is something new and it let's us go farther and we get some great excercise. She loves it! As soon as we start moving she goes, "oooohhh!" and then she is completely silent the whole time. The only time she makes a sound is if she hears a dog barking, then she goes, "oof." It is the funniest thing. The other night I played hooky from the Y, and we went on a family bike ride together around the neighborhood, and it was perfection.
The other thing we bought her is a kiddie pool. Not one of those yucky hard plastic ones, but a really cool one. Today we tried it for the first time and she loved it maybe more than the bike seat. I get to enjoy it by sticking my feet in, but pretty soon I plan to go for a swim. I'm going to get a beach umbrella and one of those old fold-out rubber lawn chairs and make a whole white trash day out of it. Pictures to follow soon.
Well, it is now midnight, way past my bed time. I'll post pictures tomorrow (and maybe video!)

No comments: