Tuesday, February 13, 2007

We didn't have a very good day today. Ava was good but she got hurt a couple of time. And she choked on a piece of apple and Ashley had to do the heimlich on her. I was working, Ashley, Ava and Max were out on the patio. I was on the phone with an agent when I heard Ava start crying the bad cry, the one that lets me know she got hurt. Ashley brings her in the kitchen and is holding her. I rush the agent off the phone (they think we are in an office, not a home)and run out there and Ashley tells me what happened. Luckily, Ashley noticed right away when it was happening, and it only took one good hit to Ava's back to dislodge it. I think Ava was more scared than anything, and maybe a little hurt from getting hit. I took her to a bedroom and laid down on the bed with her, and after a while she was fine. It just scared me so bad, I am always afraid of her choking. I kept thinking what if Ashley hadn't noticed in time, or what if she couldn't get it out. I can't focus on what if's though. Ava is fine. No more apple until we get more teeth!
Blagh, I changed the template of the blog obviously, and I don't really like it at all. All of the pictures on the side are gone, and it just looks all funky. I can't get back the old template so I guess I'm just going to have to work with this one.
In better news, we booked our tickets to go to New Jersey in May. We are going up to visit with my Dad. It will be Ava's first plane ride (oh god) and Brent's first time in NJ. I am a bit nervous about the plane trip with Ava. She will be 16 months old, walking, and will be riding on our lap for almost 3 hours. How do we keep her occupied and still for that long??? I tried to schedule the plane times around her nap times so hopefully she will sleep some of the time. How sweet would that be?
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: