Friday, February 02, 2007

Party time!

Let me first say "thank you" to you, Ava. You let me and your Dad have a very nice walk around the mall and a nice dinner out tonight. You were so well behaved - we have actually had people tell us what a good baby you are. You have your moments, but you really are the best, I don't know what more I could ask for. Well, other than for you to change your own poopy diapers.

Now, on to your first birthday party -
THE GUESTS: mommy & daddy of course, Grandma & Grandpa, Grampy, Nanny, Aunt Nicole, Uncle Gary & Aunt Megan, Uncle Eric & Aunt Gina, Uncle Mike & Aunt Sue, Uncle Dan & Jennifer, cousins Zach, Skylar, Dylan, Brittnee, Sierra, and friends Tara and Nathan. Gram wanted to come but she had to work.
THE GIFTS: a potty chair (omigod), some princess jammies, fruit snacks, butterfly earrings (so cute!), pretty outfits from Aunt Gina, money for shopping from Tara & Nathan, a musical ladybug, some cute stuffed animals, and gift cards for more shopping! I hope I'm not forgetting anything.
The day started out rainy and cloudy, but it was all gone by party time and it ended up being a beautiful day. For your cake I put your high chair out on the patio and I was going to strip you down to your diaper, but it was kind of chilly out, so I put you in some old clothes. You liked it a lot, even though I scraped about a pound of frosting off the top. I let you get a couple of handfuls and then I had to take it away. I didn't want you to get a stomach ache from all the sugar! My only mistake was that we forgot to light the candle and sing Happy Birthday! I bought you one of those big number candles, and a pretty cake, but we just sliced it up after you tore into your little cake, and no one thought to sing. After everyone left, I found the candle and felt so bad, so I put it in a piece of cake and I sang to you and we blew out the candle. It wouldn't be a birthday without singing!
We had such a good time, and we're so glad that everyone came to celebrate with us.
Tennis, anyone?
Hanging out with cousin Skylar

What's Grandma gonna do with those racquets?

The "Before"




Such a good sharer


The "After"
Presents!

1 comment:

Michele said...

OMG... Alissa she is getting so big. I come across your email everyonce in a while that has her blog address in it and check on her progress. I love reading it. Matthew just turned 3 one week after Ava turned one. I remember wanting you to hold out one more week so they could have the same birthday. LOL. I hope all is well. She is beautiful.

Michele & Matthew Neckin