Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh Holy $#@!$ Night

Last Tuesday, December 12th was not the best night for Ava. First, we dressed her up and made her wear tights. Then, we put her on the lap of the monster, Santa Claus. Ava did not like him at all. We went with Linda, Bruce and Tara and Matt and their son Nathan. Nathan went first and he did pretty good. He looked scared but didn't cry. Ava was fine until we put her on Santa's lap, and then she instantly broke down in tears. We tried to calm her down, I sang to her, and at one point I even sat on Santa's lap with her, but it was no good. She would stop as soon as we took her off his lap, and start again if we put her back on. So Ava, here is your first official picture with Santa:

Doesn't she look thrilled? Little did she know that the worst was yet to come. I was finally talked into getting Ava's ears pierced, and we figured why not do all the traumatizing in one night, so after Ava saw Santa, she got her ears pierced. I still don't know how I feel about it, but they do look cute. I did not want to be present during the ear piercing, so I walked with them to the place, picked out the earrings, and then Tara and I took off. Brent held her in the chair, poor guy. I won't go in to details, but Ava did scream and I heard her from quite a distance, but she calmed down as soon as they were done. She was fine by the time I walked back. The piercing people did both ears at the same time, so it was over with very quickly. Since then they have not bothered her a bit, and it is done and over with. If she doesn't like them when she's older she can always let them close up. Here is a picture right after the event:

Besides Ava, I have gotten zero Christmas shopping done! I don't know what to get anyone, including Brent. I feel like I should be in the Christmas spirit because of Ava, but I'm not. It has been so hot here, we still have the AC on and I have been so busy I haven't had time to wrap any of Ava's presents. It just feels weird to have Christmas music on when it is so hot outside. One bit of good news is that our new kitchen cabinets are in. They weren't supposed to be in until the beginning of January and I was worried that the kitchen wouldn't be done in time for Ava's birthday party. Hopefully now it will be.
I'm going to bed, so here are a few more pictures of our baby:
Getting ready for the fun

Not having it

Doesn't she look mad at us?

Nah, just tickle her neck, she's fine

Ava with the glow worm that she got at Brent's work party. She loves it!

There was a Santa at Brent's party and we tried it again with no luck. Oh well, maybe next year!

No comments: