Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Obama Halloween!

I managed to avoid every bit of election news all day, until about 10 minutes ago. I did not want to hear all of the news network spewing their crap about who was going to win, before the votes were tallied. I spent this evening watching Rocky II for the first time, and then Brent turned on the news, just in time to see the results from California. I got to see Obama win the election on FOX News! That is ironic. Brent and I both had goose bumps. Of course, we both voted for Obama. It was a hard decision for me initially, but once I made it, I believed it to be the best one. I think we should all just work together and hope for the best! I hope that the crazies out there don't do anything stupid - for the nation's sake.
I talk to insurance agents from all over the south for my job, and today I talked to a (white) guy from Mississippi. I was telling him about a meeting being rescheduled from 7:30am to 9:30am, and his response was "Much better - white people hours." I laughed kind of nervously and he said "I probably shouldn't say that. You're not black are you?" I said no, and he said "well it doesn't matter; after today we're probably gonna be a black nation." I reminded him that Obama is bi-racial, and he said "well, he's bi-something." Ummmm....okay.

Okay, on to Halloween! We had a great time going trick or treating with my parents. Ava was Tinkerbell, and she looked beautiful. She was such a trooper - we must've gone to 20 - 25 houses. She walked the entire time. She loved wearing the costume, and has put it on every day since.







1 comment:

Jackie said...

She looks so pretty:)