Sunday, August 19, 2007

School Daze

My baby starts pre-school tomorrow and I am kind of dreading it. Friday was meet the teacher day there, and it went pretty good. She was kind of clingy at first, but didn't cry. I think she was just overwhelmed by all of the activity. There were a bunch of kids and parents all over the place, and she didn't know what to make of it. I tried to keep my distance as much as possible so that she could be by herself and I could observe her. It went good until one little boy cornered her against a bookshelf to give her a hug. Brent and I were watching, and the kids mom let him hug her for way too long. Ava was literally frozen, backed into a corner while this kid hugged her. She didn't move or make a sound, just let him do it. I wanted to go over there and take her away but I had to stop myself. She needs to learn to handle those kinds of situations on her own. I won't be there tomorrow if this kid invades her space again. On the way home I kept telling her that is anyone hugs her and she doesn't like it she should say "no thank you" or say "teacher." I think she will do okay, but I know dropping her off will be hard, and I will be thinking about her every minute.

Ava & Max, ready to go!












After School - Looks like she over-did the self tanner

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Alissa,
How is pre-school going for Ava? She looked so cute with her backpack:) I hope you did ok too!