Sunday, October 08, 2006

Teeth!

Yes, Ava is finally getting her first tooth! I was beginning to think she'd be toothless forever! It is one of her bottom teeth, but I think she will soon have a tooth-explosion and will get them all at once. She hasn't been acting that cranky or seemed at all uncomfortable, so that is a good thing. She won't really let us see it but we can feel something sharp on her gums. I can't wait to see her with teeth, and it will be good because then I can start feeding her different things. She eats her baby food and sometimes I give her these wagon-wheel things for babies, but when she sees Brent and me eating anything, she makes a grab for it. She wants whatever we have. The other night we were making pasta so I gave her some noodles. They were the corkscrew kind and I tore them in pieces and put them on her high chair tray. She didn't know what to do with them, and they got sticky and were sticking to her fingers and face, it was so funny. She hasn't quite figured out the whole "self-feeding" thing yet.
She is understanding so many words now. Of course, she knows clock and will point to the kitchen clock. Even if we're somewhere else and we say clock she will just point in the air. She now knows "mommy" and will look at me when we say "where's mommy?" Sometimes she gets me and Brent confused and will look at him. When we say "hi" she will wave. It isn't perfect, but it is definitely a wave. Everyday it seems she is making progress in the learning department, it is very exciting to see. She is doing different baby-talk too, making different sounds.
The weather has been really nice this past week - perfect summer weather in October. We might even turn the A/C off in a few days. We have been taking Ava for walks, me in the morning and Brent in the afternoon. I can't wait until we can actually do things together again. That requires me to get a different job, which I am working on. I am either going to try to get a full-time teaching job or try to work as a substitute, if we can work out the baby-sitting situation. A standard day-care center is my absolute LAST resort.
I get the feeling she is going to wake up from her nap any minute so it's random picture time.

She loves to take all of the DVD's off the shelf, but she never puts them back. That Huggies box is there to block the stereo!

Pointing

Doing the wave

Just being darn cute

Ava and the F*$#%@! cat!

Fuzzy, but again, cute.

No comments: